Thursday 25 February 2016

Life Goals and Getting Stuff Done

  I am a firm believer in setting goals and making todo list, every night before I go to bed I sit down and plan out my day for tomorrow (if it is a school night, I set up my weekends different depending on what I am doing that day), by morning, after school, after the gym, and all day. Under the first three tabs I will put any homework, daily routine related things, just anything I want to get down in that period of time. This truly helps me be a more productive person and get more done. Under the all day tab I will put any of my goals for that day like, no social media, eat healthy, etc. I use pen and paper for everything because for me that is what helps me be more productive. I also use a planner to help map out when things are due and when I am going todo what. I currently colour coordinate but that is completely up to you if you want to do that.

  I always make sure what I am putting in my planner and on my todo lists will help me get where I want in life. Everyday you have to stick to a plan in order to succeed, and on that plan we must have things that your future self will thank you for but I also believe that everyday you should be doing something just for yourself. Your grades will be better if you let yourself relax sometimes, you can't always be go go go, but you also can't not do anything all day. Finding balance is key in life. I am type A so I have a very go go go personality but I also know that I need to take time to relax. I still get everything done off of my todo list, besides you will eventually ruin out if you never rest. Your time to yourself dose not need to be spent doing nothing or being lazy, I love to workout so that is my my me time.

  Eating is key, I don't know about you but I can get so much more done when I am eating a healthy diet with lots of fruits and veggies. Also do not be scared of carbs, they are what gives us the energy that we and our brains need to function. Food is fuel so treat it that way. Get the nutrients that you need or else you will feel sleepy and lazy all day and get nothing done. Sleep is also important, no one wants to get anything done when they are sleepy so go to bed earlier! Waking up early is my key to getting stuff done, I am a morning person and I am 10 times more productive in the morning than I am at 22:00, most people are just on their phones then anyway so unless you are at work try to go to bed before 22:30 (10:30pm). That really helps me get more done. I am always happier the earlier I start my day.

  All in all get your life goals done and everyday do something that beings you closer to the. My life goal is to be a healthy, fit, productive, and loving (and so much more) neurosurgeon, everyday I make sure I am working towards something that will bring me closer to those goals, whether it is reading a book related to neurosurgery, watching a video about the brain or a surgery, eating better, working-out, trying to be nicer, study for a test, etc., or doing all of those things. The grind includes everyday, so everyday be productive.  There are no days off from working towards your goals.

Stay Beautiful, Stay You
Claire

No comments:

Post a Comment